What Mary Said

My dear friend, Mary is right on!  Here's what she recently posted:
When I was a young child, I wanted to be older. I went to school where there were multiple classes in one room. I loved that because I could do my work and then listen to the other classes being taught to the older students. I loved learning. When I was 5, I wanted to be 6. When I was a teenager, I couldn’t wait to drive. Then I couldn’t wait until I graduated. Then I couldn’t wait to get married….you get the picture. Now that I’m 63, I've accomplished many of my dreams, simple as they were. I’ve married, had my babies, watched my children grow up, probably with some of the same dreams. I’ve watched my grandsons grow up and most likely will see great grand children before I depart this world.
I guess what got me on this train of thought was a visit from a dear, old friend today. I’ve known him since I was 18 and he’s considerably older than me. I wonder what his dreams were as a child. Probably some were the same as mine. He lost his wife several years ago and remarried. He didn’t give up on the dream of a home and someone to love. He lost a son but that dream can’t be recaptured. His life just goes on and I wonder if he still dreams. My life goes on and sometimes I feel like I don’t have any dreams left. I guess I had better get busy and think of some more dreams. Whether it be losing weight, finishing some of my projects…….I must not stop dreaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twice Loved

Did I ever tell you about the day my mother stopped breathing?

Visiting on their street