Save Money If You Can

Grab that link above if you need to save some money or if you ever wondered what Amazon did with those returned things.  Lots of us are needing to find some deep discounts this year as we buy presents for our family and friends and I found this and thought it might help someone out.
Right now, I'm just hoping I can end up getting our Christmas tree up and nativities out on display.  I think I have 34 now and it is always a pleasure to see each of them again.  You see, we had a plumbing leak a couple of months back and we're in the middle of recovering the house from it.  New shower replacing the tub we used to have, new commode, new sink in a lovely stone tile.  In the living room, tape and bedding redone and painted, then new carpet in living room and down the hall.
But then I think of Mary.  She went with her husband, even though she was far along in her pregnancy and rode a donkey.  I really can not imagine it!  She was quite a young lady and Joseph was quite a young man for sure!  I guess she had clean cloths and some little soft blankets packed in the bags that they surely carried, but no Luvs or Huggies, etc!  Surely Joseph helped her deliver the baby or some aged ladies who heard her cries came and helped her birth the baby and clean her and him up.  But, it was definitely so far from what we would think of just the basic necessities.  Of course in that time, life in general was much more simple and raw than what we know today. But, now, look what we think is the basics for a proper Christmas....its something to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I ever tell you about the day my mother stopped breathing?

Twice Loved

Christmas Night - The Part Left Out